Hello card makers!
Having recently downsized, my stamping room was the first to get packed and the last to get unpacked. I moved to my new space with a few favorite furniture pieces, and lots and lots of boxes, most of which were stamps, paper, ink and more stamps. I’m very comfortable here and ready to get back to my card making.
While preparing future blog posts, I’ve been popping in on both Stampin’ Up!’s and the Pals’ Facebook Chats to see what’s new. Yikes! Stampin’ Up! and the Pals are movin’ and shakin’, and I have a lot of wonderful’ creative new products to share. It’s been a fun week of preparation for me and I’m happy to be back in my creative space cutting paper and getting my fingers inky!
So, let’s get started with today’s post. This year’s Holiday Catalog is absolutely filled with one surprise after another. Last Friday I hosted my first card class in a long while. This was one of the projects we made and the ladies were so happy that it was quick and easy…. and, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that Flo was so excited, she actually enjoyed tying the bow!
- I was inspired by a project in the Holiday Catalog for this card… the “Halloween Scenes Edgelits Dies” and “Spooky Fun” stamp set are perfect together.
- For the cropped tree image, I cut the Basic Gray card stock 4 1/4″ wide by 5″ long;
- The finished cropped tree image is attached with dimensionals; this made it easy to tuck the bakers twine under the image.
- I hand cropped the sentiment banner and stamped the sentiment with Pumpkin Pie ink.
- The bats were cropped using one of the framelits and Basic Black card stock.
- Because I wanted my card to look more “spooky” I stamped the moon image with Basic Gray ink. For a “happier” look, you could use a yellow.
- A Basic Gray Candy Dot and some Basic Gray Bakers Twine finished the card nicely.
So, grab these fabulous framelits and some card stock; add a little sentiment and create something spooky!
Click the image for product details.
Spooky Fun Photopolymer Bundle #144437
Bundle and save! Buy these two coordinating products and save 10%.
Get ready for a fabulous new Stampin’ Up! promotion and a World Card Making Day Celebration!