Today, I wanted to make a simple card and use more new Designer Series Paper.
Each year, Stampin’ Up! publishes a new Annual Catalog. In the catalog, they feature the 6″ x 6″ Paper Assortment to coordinate with each of their Color Collections. Today’s card features a Bermuda Bay circle pattern from the Brights Collection. The tone on tone patterns are great to have in your paper collection. They work well with the coordinating cardstock, ink and many of the featured Designer Series Paper packs. You can mix and match for any occasion. They are a good staple for your paper stash.
I was able to pre-order this DSP until January 4th. It will be available with the launch of the new Annual Catalog, but you can get it sooner if you join Stampin’ Up!. The Brights Collection is part of the five packs of FREE paper that you receive for signing up. Think about it. You can get all the details by clicking here.
The Card Design
I kept this card design pretty simple so you can easily see the pattern in the paper. I stamped the top circle using the two step stamping technique. The “cloud” patterned base stamp is stamped with Coastal Cabana ink. The “branch sprig” stamp is stamped with Bermuda Bay ink directly over the cloud stamped image. I really am enjoying the Circles Celebration stamp set from the new January-June Mini Catalog. The stamp set coordinates with the Layering Circle Dies. You can purchase both and get one FREE Sale-A-Bration product.
- The pattern in the stamped circle reminds me of the pattern in the DSP. Whenever I see a “pattern repeat”, I know the elements will always work well together.
- The die cut circles keep the circle pattern going.
- The circle and rectangle patterns repeat themselves in this design so I know all the elements I added will work well together.
- I embellished with a few Crushed Curry Resin Dots. When in doubt, add a little yellow.
- The sentiment font is clean and simple. It’s from the new Art Gallery stamp set which is truly stunning.
So, grab some simple patterned paper, repeat the pattern in your design, add a bit of yellow, keep the sentiment simple and create something thoughtful!
…the only limitation is your imagination!
THE JANUARY-JUNE MINI CATALOG IS HERE:
- Stampin’ Up!’s new January-June 2021 Mini Catalog is live!
- The new products are available through June 30, 2021.
- If you placed an order with me over the past year, you should have already received your catalog in the mail.
- If you haven’t received it, please email me and I will get a copy out to you.
- Below is a PDF download of the new catalog. Take a few minutes to download and save it. Have fun creating your new “Wish List”.
CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE CATALOG PDF
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO DOWNLOAD A WISH LIST FORM
Sale-A-Bration – Here’s what you need to know.
- Sale-A-Bration is a huge SALE event!
- For every $50 in product purchases, you will receive a FREE Sale-A-Bration item.
- The FREE products are showcased in the Sale-A-Bration Brochure which you can download below.
- As you order, my shopping website will prompt you to add your Sale-A-Bration FREE product choice(s) so the process is very easy.
- Many of the Sale-A-Bration items coordinate with the new products in the Mini Catalog.
- If you’re not sure about which products they are, send me an email and I’d be happy to respond..
CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE SALE-A-BRATION BROCHURE