Today’s post is all about neutrals. In my internet travels, I came across a few cards that used black and white on Kraft cardstock. I thought the look was lovely and I created a card using True Love Designer Series Paper and Crumb Cake cardstock. There’s no doubt you can duplicate this card in a few minutes.
Here’s a quick “How To” for you:
- With Crumb Cake cardstock, I cut an A-2 top-fold card base. (11″x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/2″)
- The Basic Black and Basic White floral layer is 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ which covers the entire front of the card.
- I used my Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend to color in a few random flowers and add some inside shading to the large flowers.
- The large flowers are fussy cut from one of the patterns from the True Love Designer Series Paper. I attached them to the card with Dimensionals.
- I used one of my Curvy Dies to cut a curvy Crumb Cake layer and attached it to the left side of the card front.
- The Basic White sentiment layer is 5/8″ x 2″. This size was perfect for the sentiment I wanted to use. The “thinking of you” sentiment is from the Art Gallery Stamp Set.
- You can adjust your sentiment layer to match your sentiment choice.
- I added a second striped patterned paper layer under the sentiment layer to give the sentiment layer some dimension.
- To embellish, I added a Basic Black Baker’s Twine bow and a large Clear Epoxy Droplet.
You can quickly and easily duplicate this card with your favorite Designer Series Paper and matching cardstock. As I’m writing this, I’m thinking about the In Bloom Bundle with the Paper Blooms Sale-A-Bration Designer Series Paper. No fussy cutting and you would have a quick, easy and beautiful card to share.
So, pull out your favorite patterned paper, add a curvy layer, a few pretty elements and create something beautiful to share.
…the only limitation is your imagination!
For more details on the Stampin’ Up! products I used today you can click on each picture below.