Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Great Family Occasions.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
One of the great family occasions we celebrate are birthdays. As my children were growing up, they chose their favorite meal for dinner, I would cook and we celebrated with a special birthday cake, candles and wish making. As they’ve gotten older, we still have family dinners on our birthdays, but I don’t always cook! For us, birthdays are special!
Today’s card is a Sneak Peek of a few of my favorites from the upcoming Annual Catalog.
- First up is the Pansy Petals Suite. The pansies featured today are die cut directly from the Pansy Petals Designer Series Paper. The Pansy Dies cut the images perfectly.
- Next – The pretty Fresh Freesia gingham patterned paper is also from the Pansy Petals Designer Series Paper.
- The black and white polka dot patterned paper is from the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper.
- And last, but certainly not least are the new 2021-2023 In Color Jewels. It’s hard to appreciate them in the photograph, but they are stunning! I used the Fresh Freesia jewels for this card.
I haven’t done what I call a “collage card” in quite a while. There are lots of bits and pieces that make up today’s card.
- Everything sits on a Thick Basic White A-2 cardstock base.
- I cut the black and white polka dot layer at 4″ x 5 1/4″,
- Then added the black and white scalloped horizontal strip cut at 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- The Fresh Freesia gingham strip is 5 1/4″ x 1/2″.
- The Basic White flower die cut is a die from the Poppy Moments Dies. (I cut two of them).
- I used an oval from the Stitched Shapes Dies to create a design focal point.
- The “Happy Birthday” sentiment is from the Art Gallery stamp set. The sentiment layer is die cut with one of the dies from the Floral Gallery dies.
I had a lot of fun in my craft room looking through my supplies to put today’s card together. I thought I would share my inspiration with you. This was a card I made back in 2012. I had a different blog platform then, and still haven’t added the post to this Gallery. This was one of my favorites. The stamp set is Everything Eleanor. I think my photography has gotten a bit better since then.
So, check back through your projects, add lots of bits and pieces and create a “collage” card.
…the only limitation is your imagination!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on May 12th when our theme is “2021-2023 New In Colors” when our Design Team creates a project with the new family of In Colors for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Annette Elliott at AEstamps a Latte
I love the layout and seeing the inspiration card. I too get ideas from past cards. You really showcases the pansy beautifully!
Thank you, Jackie. The pansies are beautiful and I had fun putting all of the pieces together.
I am seriously in love with this card! The colors are gorgeous!
Thank you so much, Lisa.
Thank you, Megan.
Birthdays are special at our house too and we share many traditions:) Beautiful work here! Always a pleasure to see how you put your own stamp on our Pals Hop!
Thank you, Deb. I always enjoy participating in our Hops. We have so much talent in the group!
Deb, this card is simply lovely! The colors really pop and those pansys are so pretty 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
Thank you, Jennifer.
What a fresh and pretty card you created, Debbie! I love the polka dot background against the pretty, vibrant pansies.
Rosanne, thank you so much.
Love your pansy card, Debbie! It’s perfect!
Thank you so much, Su! Enjoy the rest of your week.
This is beautiful, Debbie!
Thank you much, Lori.
Love the layout and the polka dots for the background are perfect!
Thank you, Windy!
Such a beautiful birthday card! Love the pansies too! We celebrated birthdays growing up the same way! With 6 kids it was always a big event!! Thanks for sharing!
Hi Jeanie, that is still something we all share together, and now that they’re grown, I so look forward to their birthdays probably more than they do. Thank you and have a great rest of week.
Beautiful! I’ve seen so many gorgeous pansy cards today that I am completely sold! I wonder how many times I can get new SU! boxes in a month before my DH asks what I am doing. LOL
Hi Sue, I completely understand, lol! Thank you for your kindness.
Beautiful card, Deb! Love the layers in your current card and what a great idea to CASE yourself! I think that should be a new challenge! LOL Thank you for joining in the April Blog Hop!
Thank you so much, Deb. Good idea on the new Challenge!!
Deb, I love your pansy showcase. Great advice about using the bits and pieces. Some of my best projects have come together in just this way. Thank you for hopping with us this month.
Thank you, Rae. Always fun to hop with the Pals!
So pretty Debbie! I really love all the layers and how you highlighted the ribbon with the black background. Love it!!
Thank you, Melissa. I always enjoy your comments.
Landed here from Pinterest. I love your cards and beautiful style. Can’t wait for my Pansies to arrive. Would love to C.A.S.E. and link back to this post. Thanks for inspiration. x
Sandra, thank you so very much for your kindness. Absolutely CASE and you most definitely can link back. That is so kind of you. I’m so glad you’re enjoying my posts.
Such a gorgeous card. I have always been a sucker for pansies, can’t wait for this Suite (and I thought having hydrangeas was great, but pansies )
Thank you, Fiona. The Pansies was actually my favorite of all from the upcoming Annual Catalog.
Such a beautiful card, Debbie and super fun to see your card from 2012! 🙂
Thank you, Beth. I’m still adding the oldies to my Gallery. It is fun to see what we all did in back when. Best to you.