Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Great Family Occasions.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
One of the great family occasions we celebrate are birthdays. As my children were growing up, they chose their favorite meal for dinner, I would cook and we celebrated with a special birthday cake, candles and wish making. As they’ve gotten older, we still have family dinners on our birthdays, but I don’t always cook! For us, birthdays are special!
Today’s card is a Sneak Peek of a few of my favorites from the upcoming Annual Catalog.
- First up is the Pansy Petals Suite. The pansies featured today are die cut directly from the Pansy Petals Designer Series Paper. The Pansy Dies cut the images perfectly.
- Next – The pretty Fresh Freesia gingham patterned paper is also from the Pansy Petals Designer Series Paper.
- The black and white polka dot patterned paper is from the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper.
- And last, but certainly not least are the new 2021-2023 In Color Jewels. It’s hard to appreciate them in the photograph, but they are stunning! I used the Fresh Freesia jewels for this card.
I haven’t done what I call a “collage card” in quite a while. There are lots of bits and pieces that make up today’s card.
- Everything sits on a Thick Basic White A-2 cardstock base.
- I cut the black and white polka dot layer at 4″ x 5 1/4″,
- Then added the black and white scalloped horizontal strip cut at 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- The Fresh Freesia gingham strip is 5 1/4″ x 1/2″.
- The Basic White flower die cut is a die from the Poppy Moments Dies. (I cut two of them).
- I used an oval from the Stitched Shapes Dies to create a design focal point.
- The “Happy Birthday” sentiment is from the Art Gallery stamp set. The sentiment layer is die cut with one of the dies from the Floral Gallery dies.
I had a lot of fun in my craft room looking through my supplies to put today’s card together. I thought I would share my inspiration with you. This was a card I made back in 2012. I had a different blog platform then, and still haven’t added the post to this Gallery. This was one of my favorites. The stamp set is Everything Eleanor. I think my photography has gotten a bit better since then.
So, check back through your projects, add lots of bits and pieces and create a “collage” card.
…the only limitation is your imagination!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on May 12th when our theme is “2021-2023 New In Colors” when our Design Team creates a project with the new family of In Colors for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Annette Elliott at AEstamps a Latte