Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is Last Minute Gifts/Cards to inspire you with your holiday list. We really hope that you will enjoy all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Here’s a super sweet gift card holder and Christmas ornament. Hang a few on your tree, your mantle, or attach one to a gift box or gift bag. I was inspired to come up with this when I saw a picture on Pinterest of an envelope filled with wire pine boughs and a little gift box. It was an adorable tree ornament. I knew I could do something like it with the Leaves of Holly Bundle.
The design called for large elements. I thought the holly leaves were perfect. I die cut the gift card holder using the die from the Celebrate With Tags Bundle. Another large element for the envelope ornament.
Today’s Pieces And Parts
- Get your cardstock and cutting machine ready to go.
- The envelope is a 6″ x 6″ pirce of Kraft cardstock. I used my Scoring Tool to create the “center” of the 6″ x 6″ piece.
- I scored from corner to corner, diagonally, twice so I had a scored “X” on the square cardstock piece.
- Once I had my “center”, I folded the bottom up to about 1/8″ past the center mark. (This is where the two diagonal scored lines crossed in the center of the square).
- Then, I folded each side in to about 1/8″ past the center mark.
- With my corner round punch, I punched the top point and the bottom flap point for a rounded edge.
- I used a 1/4″ circle punch to punch a hole in the top.
- With the borrom flap unfolded, I folded the two sides in toward the center.
- I added a thin line of glue to the bottom portion of each side, then folded the bottom flap up to adhere to the glued sides.
- The envelope is finished.
Decorate The Envelope
- I die cut four large holly leavea and three white twigs and attached them to the top inside of the envelope as shown.
- I assembled the gift card holder, die cut the sentiment layer, and stamped the sentiment with Real Red ink.
- I crumpled a small amount of tisssue paper and put it down inside the decorated envelope. This helps the gift card holder stay in place.
- I added a few Adhesive Basked Seasonal Sequins for a little sparkle.
- The “ornament hanger” is created with about 10″ of Silver Threaded Twine, folded in half and put through the front of the 1/4″ hole in the top of the envelope.
- I glued the ends together to form a loop. The glue worked!!
- I used the same Twine to make a bow for the gift card holder and attached it with glue dots.
- I had so much fun putting this together, I made another one.
The complete PDF will be here on Friday morning. I’ll be sure to include plenty of pictures.
So, die cut a few large elements, attach them to the inside of your envelope, add your favorite gift card holder, and create something pretty to present to someone special.
… the only limitation is your imagination!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on January 11th when our theme will be Sale-A-Bration Time. The design team will showcase projects made from Sale-A-Bration items.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
Today’s Product Details