Here’s another quick and easy card… a great sketch when you have to make a bunch. All of the elements for this card are from Stampin’ Up!’s Merry Little Christmas Suite. I really wasn’t sure about these colors for the Holidays since I’ve always enjoyed the traditional reds, greens, golds and white. When it all came together, I was very happy with the combination.
The graphics in the Holiday Catalog were my inspiration. The musical note patterned paper, the sentiment font from the Carols of Christmas stamp set, the beautiful and natural Jute Twine, and the color combination make this card “comfortable”. I splattered some Old Olive and Crumb Cake ink over the sentiment square to give it a little dimension. For just a bit of sparkle, I added a 1/2″ punched circle from the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper over the letter “P” in Peace. The “sparkle” is hard to see in the photo, but it really does pop on the card.
Here are the dimensions for the sketch if you want to give it a try:
- The base is a standard A-2 card base in Basic Black card stock;
- The Old Olive layer is 4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″;
- The musical note DSP layer is 3″ X 5″;
- The Basic Black matt under the sentiment layer is a 3″ square;
- The sentiment layer is a 2 7/8″ square.
So, grab your favorite card stock, add a few layers, stamp a “peaceful” sentiment and create something comfortable to share for the Holidays!
Just a friendly reminder:
October 10th is the deadline to sign up for Paper Pumpkin. Don’t miss the October Paper Pumpkin Kit and the coordinating November Paper Pumpkin Kit. Delivered right to your door, you’ll have everything you’ll need to create Holiday cards and gifts. For all the details, click on the banner below:
Isn’t this black cat adorable… I think I’ll call her “Spooky”! She’s from the new Spooky Night Suite and I know many of you have already seen her. For anybody thinking about getting any of the products in the Spooky Night Suite, I say go for it. It’s not too late! The Spooky Night Designer Series Paper is beautiful and will work hard for you. It just about created this card for me!
Here’s the quick and easy “How To”:
- The card base is a standard A-2 (5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″) in Basic Black.
- I added a second layer of Very Vanilla card stock do give the striped patterned paper a little definition on the Basic Black card base.
- The striped pattern is from the Spooky Night Designer Series Paper collection. The piece measures 4 7/8″ X 3 3/4″.
- The Pumpkin Pie font patterned paper is also from Spooky Night… it measures 3 3/4″ X 2 1/8″ with a rounded corner.
- Spooky, the cat was punched directly from the patterned paper with the Cat Punch. How easy is that?
- I hand cropped my sentiment banners mixing in more of the patterns from the DSP and stamped the sentiment in Black Memento ink onto a hand cropped Very Vanilla banner.
- Ladies love their “bling”, and Spooky is no exception… I gave her a sparkly collar using the Black Mini Sequin Trip and some green glue. By the way, that trim is stunning!
So, grab yourself some Spooky Night Designer Series Paper, the Cat Punch, add a little bling… and create something Spooky!
Spooky Night Suite Inspiration
(Click on the photo below for the product details.)
JUST A REMINDER: OCTOBER STAMPIN’ UP! PROMOTIONS
(Click on the banners below for all the details).
The Quilted Christmas Suite is at the top of “my favorites” list. When I saw the Product Suite in the Holiday Catalog, I thought it was crisp, clean and versatile. I knew I would use it way beyond the holidays. Here’s a very simple card that I put together in just a few minutes. This project is all about the patterned paper…
Here’s the quick “How To”…
- The large “quilted star” in the background is actually a pattern from the Quilted Christmas Designer Series Paper Stack. It can be cut perfectly into a 3″ square. The sheet is a 6″ square with four quilted star patterns on it. You can crop four 3″ square quilted stars from one sheet.
- I attached a quilted star square to a 3 1/4″ square of Real Red card stock and added a hand cropped Lemon Lime Twist banner across the center.
- For a little embellishment, I cut a few triangles from one of the patterned paper sheets and layered them onto the cropped banner.
- An 8″ strip of the 1/4″ Quilted Christmas Ribbon, which is absolutely beautiful and soft, worked to bring all my colors together.
- The pretty leaf patterned flower medallion is stamped with Garden Green ink. I cropped it with a matching Quilt Builder Framelit Die. The flower and “peace” sentiment are images from the Christmas Quilt stamp set.
Below are a few additional projects you can complete with the Quilted Christmas Suite. Click here or on the image below to get all the details on the beautiful coordinating products included in this Suite.
So, grab your favorite patterned paper, crop a large “Focal Point” pattern, embellish with a few more “patterns” and create something clean, crisp and simple.
(Click on the banner below for Designer Series Paper Sale Details)
October 1st – 31st: Designer Series Paper Sale – Today’s post is all about patterned paper and its inspiration for projects. For the month of October, Stampin’ Up! is having a Designer Series Paper Sale. If you purchase three of the Designer Series Paper Sale Selections, you will get one selection FREE. This is a great way to stock up on your favorites or share the sale benefits with a friend. Click here for prices and images of the Designer Series Paper Sale Selections.
(Click on the banner below for World Card Making Day Sale Details)
October 1st – 10th: World Card Making Day – Celebrate World Card Making Day with us and get 15% off select card making essentials. This year, the world celebrates the Day on Saturday, October 7th. You can get all the details for the sale products by either clicking here or on the banner above. I’m going to be stocking up on some Fast Fuse.
- NOW, if you take advantage of the “World Card Making Day” sale and choose a stamp set or two, or three, purchase the Fast Fuse adhesive, (you will get two Fast Fuse refills FREE), and choose some Designer Series Paper to coordinate with your stamp sets, you’ll have the essentials to create your own beautiful cards.