Starting today and running through May 31st, you can purchase any item on Stampin’ Up!’s Retiring Product List at discounts up to 50% on selected items. In addition to the discount, you can earn Stampin’ Rewards with a qualifying order. Click on the image above to get the details on all of the retiring products or click here to download a PDF Version of the Current Retiring List. Hurry, these supplies are limited and will be available while they last.
CLICK HERE NOW FOR THE PDF DOWNLOAD
Check back in tomorrow for some retiring product inspiration.
Thanks for stopping by,
Every time I walked past my craft table, I looked at the beautiful 6″ X 6″ Glimmer Paper Assortment Pack just sitting there. I had to use it… the colors and sparkle are so pretty. The glimmer paper was my inspiration for this card. Unfortunately, my photography doesn’t do it the justice it deserves.
It “sparkled” so beautifully, I thought it would pair nicely with the “Love Sparkles” stamp set and that led me to my “Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies” which led me to the “Sunshine Sayings” stamp set. So, now I had my supplies but I wasn’t sure what I would do with them. I realized the flower from the Sunshine Sayings stamp set matched nicely with the small floral die from the Sunshine Wishes thinlits. My card was born… a clean, simple and versatile birthday or congratulations card with lots of “sparkle”.
There’s only a few days left for Sale-A-Bration and the Glimmer Paper is no longer available, but you could replace the colors with Blushing Bride, Silver and Gold Glimmer Paper… I think that would be a beautiful combination on a Blushing Bride card base.
So that my flowers would balance the sentiment, I had to use three. One flower wouldn’t have been enough to balance the size of the sentiment and two didn’t give me the “anchoring” I wanted. Three worked perfectly, but I wanted to mask the third flower into the bunch,
I’m sure most of you know what “masking” is, but here’s a quick how to:
- Stamp the image you want to “mask” onto a sticky note getting as close to the edge where the sticky side is (sticky side down).
- Fussy cut the image on the sticky note. (For this card, I did this twice).
- I stamped the Mint Macaron flower in the bottom left corner, stamping off the edge slightly.
- Next I stamped the Bermuda Bay image above and to the right of the Mint Macaron image not allowing the images to touch each other.
- I placed one sticky note image over the Mint Macaron flower and one over the Bermuda Bay flower as precisely as I could.
- Then, I stamped the Sweet Sugarplum flower over both covered flowers so it would only stamp in the area between the covered flowers.
- It looks like the Sweet Sugarplum flower is behind the other two flowers.
So, pull out some glimmer paper, add a little sparkle and create something fun!
Aren’t these bumble bees adorable? They’re easy as one, two, three… with Stampin’ Up!’s Dragonfly Dreams Thinlits Dies and your Big Shot!
I’m spending the week going through all those sticky tabs I put on my 2016-2017 Annual Catalog last year. Today’s card showcases the pretty “Affectionately Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper”. This paper pack is fun and colorful. It features a few of the soon to retire “2015-2017 In Colors”, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder.
Here’s today’s “How To”:
- I started with a Tip Top Taupe A-2 card base and added a thin Whisper White layer.
- My third layer (4″ X 5 1/4″) is the random dot pattern from the Affectionately Yours DSP.
- The Floral layer measures 2 1/2″ X 5″‘.
- With my Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, I punched a quick tag to display more of the patterned paper and to give my design a little more of a “collage” look. You can see that piece sticking out of the right side of the floral layer.
- I gave my Big Shot a work out using my Layering Squares Framelits… easy, easy, easy to crop.
- My Big Shot cropped two bumble bees from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits.
- I hand cropped a sentiment banner using one of the sentiments from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set with Night of Navy ink.
- My color inspiration came from the patterned paper.
- The “focal point” (center collage) includes my sentiment banner, which is typical. Usually a sentiment is included in the focal point of a card design, or the sentiment IS the focal point.
- I followed the typical design “rule of thirds” repeatedly in this card. There are three layered squares, three embellishments (two bumble bees and a White Perfect Accent dot), and three different paper patterns.
- The design is balanced since the “weight” of the design is in the collage near the center of the card and is anchored by the floral strip and sentiment banner.
- The color white balances the colors from the first card layer to the top Perfect Accent dot. White flows from bottom to top holding all the colors together. It’s a great neutral.
So, pick out your favorite patterned paper, crop a few cool shapes, embellish, balance and create something fun and colorful!
There’s til time to take advantage of Sale-A-Bration. Order the Layering Squares Framelits below, add the 2015-2017 card stock pack and coordinating Affectionately Yours DSP and you can pick out a free stamp set from either of the Sale-A-Bration brochures found in my online store by clicking the link below.