Today’s post showcases more of the pretty Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper and, I have a “Stampin’ Story” to share…
First, the card… I was looking through some past blog posts and came across this sketch. At the same time, the Garden Impressions paper stack was still on my stamping table. I started to play with the patterns (which I often do), and decided on the beautiful floral and the contrasting mini brushstroke pattern. Now, I had my color inspiration.
According to the label on the DSP Stack, my colors would be Soft Sea Foam, Pacific Point and Whisper White, but I didn’t look at the paper stack label and pulled out our new “In Color”, Blueberry Bushel. I have to admit I wasn’t really excited about Blueberry Bushel when I saw the new 2018-2020 In Colors, and I’m usually immediately drawn to all shades of blue. Well, Blueberry Bushel is beautiful… very vibrant and really warm.
This card is simple to put together and goes quickly (once you pick out your patterned paper).
Below is a quick “how to”:
- Start with a standard A-2 card base (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″).
- The first card stock layer in Blueberry Bushel is 4″ X 5 1/4″.
- The second card stock layer in Soft Sea Foam is 3 7/8″ X 5 1/8″.
- The mini brush stroke patterned paper layer is 4″ X 3 1/8″.
- The floral patterned paper layer is 2 1/4″ X 3″.
- The Whisper White sentiment layer is 2 1/4″ X 1 7/8″ which accommodates the “beautiful day” sentiment nicely. The sentiment is from the Love What You Do stamp set which is part of the Share What You Love Suite and the little pearl is from the Artisan Pearls collection in the Share What You Love Suite.
- The Blueberry Bushel anchoring band is 3/4″ X 4″.
Here’s My “Stampin’ Story”…
“To Love What We Do, and “Share What We Love”… that’s part of Stampin’ Up!’s Statement of the Heart.
I love stamping and creating cards. I’ve been a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator (or “Creative Coach”, as I like to say) for many years, moving well into my 6th year in Mary Fish’s downline, The Stampin’ Pretty Pals. We like to call ourselves “The Pals”. I’m not going to say what a wonderful Upline Mary is or what a fabulous group the Pals are… She absolutely is and They absolutely are… and one Pal, among many who I call “friend” sent me one of his beautiful handmade cards a few months ago. The card said… “Love Never Gives Up”!
He knows how much I love stamping… designing, creating and sharing my cards, and for some reason, I wasn’t doing it. Occasionally, I would read his card and occasionally I would think about planning a few blog posts, but just didn’t do it. Recently and out of the blue, another creative and special friend gave me loads of Stampin’ Up! supplies to use and share. I think I got the message! I’m blogging again, planning my next card class for August and enjoying creating and sharing my cards.
Thank you, Mary Fish for the unending support and guidance you give to all your Pals, and thank you Brian King for your friendship and beautiful card.
So, grab your favorite patterned paper, add a bold and beautiful sentiment, just a little bling, and create something fabulous to share!
Just a reminder:
- Take advantage of the Designer Series Paper Sale – Buy three get one FREE! The details are at my Online Store. Click below.
- Join the Stampin’ Up! Family through July 31st and get an ink pad assortment FREE! The details are at my Online Store. Click below.
CLICK TO SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!
Here’s the supply list for today’s project:
Today’s card is fun, bright and bold, and I just adore the sentiment font! I thought this would be a refreshing sample of the “Garden Impressions” Designer Series Paper in action. Some of Stampin’ Up!’s new colors are also featured in this pattern. I’m loving the new Mango Melody paired with Melon Mambo and I can’t think of a better backdrop for these beautiful shades than our classic Night of Navy.
Here’s the “How To” for this quick and easy card:
- Cut a standard A-2 card base in Whisper White (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″).
- Add a layer of Mango Melody (4″ X 5 1/4″).
- The patterned paper layer is 3 3/4″ X 5″.
- The sentiment layer is Whisper White cut 2 3/8″ X 2 1/2″ mounted on a Mango Melody layer that measures 2 1/2″ X 2 5/8″.
Now for the fun stuff:
- The “Thank You” sentiment is from the new Abstract Impressions Photopolymer Stamp Set. The sentiment fonts in this set are large, bold and express lots of kindness.
- The flowers on the sentiment block were snipped from one of the Dies from the Springtime Impressions Thinlit Dies. The large Die is beautifully detailed, and if you look closely at the Die, you’ll see that you can snip several different flowers.
- And, of course, I had to add the bling! Just one sequin is all that was needed.
So, grab some Designer Series Paper, your favorite bold stamp, crop a few layers and create something impressive!
SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!
Designer Series Paper Sale Now through July 31st – Buy three get one FREE.
Today’s Project Supply List:
- Cardstock: Whisper White and Mango Melody
- Designer Series Paper: Garden Impressions DSP Stack
- Ink: Night of Navy
- The Details: Abstract Impressions Photopolymer Stamp Set and Springtime Impressions Thinlits Dies
Welcome to the Pals October 2017 Blog Hop featuring some very “Wicked Folds”. Thank you so much for joining us today. Sit back and enjoy the view while the Stampin’ Pretty Pals treat you with their wickedly folded projects. Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
Today, I’m featuring folding technique called “Iris Folding”. Iris Folding looks complicated, but it’s so quick and easy to do… and I think it’s fun. I created a simple 4 1/4″ X 4 1/4″ square card iris folded medallion.
I’ll run you through a quick tutorial.
- I used large Eastern Medallion framelit and cropped the center with the 1 1/2″ Circle framelit (you could also use your circle punch).
- Cut 12, 1/2″ by 1 1/2″ strips from the black music pattern from the Merry Music Specialty DSP. This works well because the paper is thin.
- Cut 8, 1/2″ by 1 1/2″ strips from the white music pattern.
- Place the medallion upside down over the Iris Fold pattern illustrated below:
- Start with the black, fold each strip in half and begin to place them on the backside of the medallion following the Iris pattern and alternating rows black to white. I used green glue… it is forgiving for a while then it really holds the paper in place.
- The backside of the medallion will look like this… You will have to trim it with your paper snips, but you’ll see that when you turn it over.
- The front will look like this.
- I used a Sponge Dauber and Basic Black ink to change the color of the silver Foil Snowflake which I thought was a wonderful background for the Whisper White Eastern Medallion.
- I kept my card simple because I wanted to draw attention to the folds.
- The simple sentiment is from the Santa’s Sleigh stamp set.
I hope you enjoyed this post.
So, grab some thin patterned paper (or regular weight DSP and cut 1/4″ strips – don’t fold and use the same pattern), follow the Iris pattern and create something wickedly beautiful!
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on November 8, 2017. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment.
Here’s the Hop line-up: