We all need one of those generic birthday cards. This one can be masculine or feminine and for an adult or child. Today’s project is simple and quick to put together. Just pick out your favorite patterned paper, match it up with a card base color, and with Stampin’ Up!’s “That’s The Tag” bundle you can stamp the sentiment and crop the pretty sunburst tag in no time at all.
That’s The Tag Bundle
- I started with two patterns from the Party Animal Designer Series Paper. The striped layer is 5 1/2″ X 3 3/8″ and the Crushed Curry Candle pattern layer is 4″ X 2 3/4″.
- Then, I chose Emerald Envy card stock as my standard A-2 card base.
- Attach the patterned paper to Pacific Point card layers cut slightly larger than the dimensions for the patterned paper. This helps make the layers look more finished.
- With my Big Shot and the Timeless Tags Thinlits Dies, I cropped sentiment oval base in Whisper White and stamped the dotted frame with Crushed Curry ink and the Happy Birthday sentiment with Pacific Point ink. Both stamps are from the “That’s The Tag” stamp set.
- I used the sunburst tag framelit to crop the sunburst with Pacific Point card stock. Thin lines of green glue worked well to attach the sunburst to the Whisper White sentiment layer.
- I cropped the little stars with the thinlit included with the Timeless Tags Thinlit Dies and glued them onto the right bottom of the sentiment layer in a random pattern. Just a dot of the green glue works great to attach each star.
- A bit of Whisper White Baker’s Twine finished my tag.
This bundle is definitely one you want to own. The sentiments are appropriate for almost any occasion and the thinlits are a fun way to make your projects special. When you purchase the “bundle”, you save 10%.
So, grab your favorite Stampin’ Up! bundle, stamp an image, crop a few shapes and create something special.
And remember, during Sale-A-Bration, for every $50.00 product purchase, you earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration item. Click my online store link below for all the Sale-A-Bration details.
Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for March 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring Spring or Spring related projects. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
When I think of Spring, I think of flowers. Flowers are wonderful to look at and smell. I enjoy having them around my home and I treat myself to fresh flowers often, especially in the winter.
When I was preparing my project for today’s Hop, I knew I was going to use the Avant-Garden Stamp Set, a FREE Sale-A-Bration product. This is the first time I used these stamps… they are gorgeous! It’s hard to say, since all the products in this year’s Sale-A-Bration Brochures are the best I’ve ever seen during a Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration event, but I do think this set will stick around for a while, at least in my stamping room. For a look at all the Sale-A-Bration projects, you can click on the catalogs in the right sidebar.
I paired the Avant-Garden flower with the swirly circle stamp from the very “avant-garde” Timeless Textures stamp set (in the Annual Catalog). Both stamps have a beautiful texture. I stamped the swirly circles with Whisper White Craft Ink which adds even more texture to the already detailed stamp. I hope you can see it in the photo below, but if you run your fingers across the stamped circles, they are actually raised (keep in mind my stamp pad was pretty juicy, making the images a little thicker, and drying time a little longer).
My color inspiration came from a patio set that caught my eye from a catalog I just received in the mail… Crumb Cake, Whisper White and Bermuda Bay. I added just a hint of Crushed Curry for a little color pop… remember, when in doubt, go with a yellow. It seems everything was nicely laid out for me to complete my project. As we stampers always say, inspiration can come from anywhere.
So, get yourself the Avant-Garden stamp set, pair it with an avant-garde image or two, and create something gorgeous!
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb… (you are here)
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
The first time I looked at Stampin’ Up!’s new Occasions Catalog, I knew I wanted the Moon Baby stamp set. It is the most adorable “baby” set I’ve seen. Aside from that, I have a personal story attached to the stamp in today’s project. When my daughter was born, I bought her a “Moon Baby”… it was an exact duplicate of this stamp … a baby asleep on the moon. She still has it and when she saw this stamp set, she remembered her “moon baby”. That was a nice moment we shared.
It’s been a few weeks since I picked up my stamps, paper and ink and I’ve really missed getting lost in the creative process of it all. So, having said that, I have another “Stampin’ Story” to share. Today, I had a “great save”. This isn’t the first time it happened to me, and I know it’s happened to some of my friends. Take a look at the picture of my project below…
My card was finished and ready to photograph when I noticed two ink splats… one to the left of the hanging star, just under the moon and one on the right of the hanging star… not sure how they got there, but there they were. I decided to take a picture of the card and share with you the before and after. With the help of two more little sequins, my card was PERFECT! Actually, I like it better with the added sequins.
THE “GREAT SAVE” BELOW
Here’s the inside…
This is such a nice baby card, but I made two and I’m sending them to my daughter and son. They’ll have a surprise in their mailboxes this week. They’re both thirty-something, but still my Moon Babies!
So, grab some ink, a blender pen, a cute stamp and create something adorable!
Sale-A-Bration is here until March 31st. Remember, for every $50.00 product purchase, you’ll receive a FREE Sale-A-Bration item from the product brochures. Click here for the newly added Product Brochure available February 21st through March 31st. Click here for the Sale-A-Bration original Product Brochure available through March 31st.