I've always said that any Sketch Challenge is a great way to get your stampin' juices flowing. Margaret Moody and The Pals Paper Arts Design Team did it again! My stampin' juices were movin' and shakin' for this one, and here's my Clean and Simple card.
This sketch is "fresh and innovative", as the Pals Design Team say, and leaves you open to endless possibilities. Give the sketch challenge a try, whether you link up or not. It's fun!
- Today's card is a Clean & Simple. There's lots of open space with a few bold bursts of Midnight Muse. I mixed some of my favorite "go to's" with a Sneak Peek of a pretty new stamp set called Wildflower Meadow, and a sweet new embellishment called Very Vintage Designer Buttons. The detail of the soft Very Vanilla colored button is below:
- The buttons have pretty scalloped curvy edges and soft details. They're waiting for you in Stampin' Up!'s upcoming 2013-2014 Catalog. I added a favorite Midnight Muse Dahlia to the center of the button just to balance my color.
- The rounded edges mixed with the straight lines of the sketch gives the design a little interest and also balance, and the simply gorgeous Midnight Muse Stitched Satin Ribbon grounds it all.
- The Midnight Muse stamped sentiment is from "One In A Million". A clean and simple font, no doubt about that!
- My card base is from Very Vanilla Cardstock with a layer of pretty Midnight Muse polka dots from another favorite, Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack.
So here it is, a mix of some of my favorite "go to's" and some of my sneak peek favorite "go to's".
CLICK HERE TO SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN' UP!
How did you do the flower ? Just stamp it and cut it ?
Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Yes, that was it. I just stamped all of Wildflower Meadow, decided which part I wanted to use, cropped it and did a little fussy cutting. Thanks and have fun with this, it’s a beautiful stamp!
Oh my gosh! This is such a beautifully clean and classic card. The colors are so elegant and I love the embellishments that you chose. Really great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!
Really pretty card, Debbie! I love the cut out from Wildflower Meadow and the rounded corners on that panel. Great idea! So glad you joined us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!
Beautiful Debbie! Love everything about this.
Absolutely stunning, Debbie! So clean and simple…even with all of the layers. Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!
This card is a knock-out–love each thing you chose to use, and I really love the color combo. Simple. Perfection.
i immediately fell in love with your beautiful version of the wildflower meadow stamp set and HAD to choose you as my PPA favorite. congrats!