Part of me is still in Atlanta after almost a week. How's that for not wanting to let go. I'm getting ready for my Stamp Camp tonight and preparing my own make and takes… I just keep thinking of the fun, the demonstrations, and most of all, the Pals I met and the team who inspired us all…Pam Morris, Katy McGloin and Brian King.
So, without any more chatter from me, I thought it would be fitting to post one of my Make and Takes from Atlanta.
This card was designed by Pal, Pam Morris, and Katy McGloin demonstrated the original version. Think of this as a card sketch as you read further…Pam did a wonderful job with this so very versatile design.
- This one's a Clean and Simple and Quick and Easy for sure. Here's some measurements for you.
- The standard A-2 (5 1/2" X 4 1/4") card base is Whisper White;
- The first Old Olive layer measures 4 1/2" X 3 5/8";
- Next is the Season of Style Designer Series Paper layer which measures 3 l/8" X 4 1/8";
- The Cherry Cobbler layer is 3 3/4" X 2 7/8";
- And finally, the Whisper White sentiment layer is 2 1/2" X 3 1/2".
I posted the measurements for this one, because this is such a basic card design. It can be used over and over for any occasion. The multi-layered look gives you the ability to take lots of artistic license to mix stamps, embellishments, card stock and patterned paper.
The Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive card stock are a perfect sandwich for the Season of Style DSP, and the sentiment stamp from "Joy to the World" is simple enough for a clean look, but has a little twist of country elegance to it. It'll really work with almost anything. Much thanks to Pam and Katy!
The card is so simple and sweet and what do you think of the beautiful plaid envelope. I used the new Envelope Punch and some coordinating patterned paper.
The envelope punch is easy, fun and quick. Simply cut your card stock to the measurement noted directly on the punch for the card size, score as directed and you're done! The punch comes with its own scoring tool and dimensions for over 60 cards.
Wouldn't you love to receive this card? It's a little gift for sure.
Speaking of gifts…I have my Blog Candy Winner from our Pals Halloween Blog Hop on Tuesday….
AND THE WINNER IS…
I sent Tracy an e-mail last night after my husband pulled the number 50.
Tracy was the 50th comment.
Congratulations Tracy, and thank you for your comment and for visiting my blog.
Tracy won Stampin' Up!'s new Pop and Place Holiday Gift Tags Bundle.
So, get out your cutter, your card stock, some pretty patterned paper and see where this card design takes you. It'll be fun and I'd love to hear about your creations.
Thanks for stopping by today,
Envelope Punch Board includes:
* An easy-to-use chart to create up to 66 different envelope sizes (including standard sizes). The measurements are provided both in inches and centimeters.
* A scoring tool in a convenient storage slot.
* Two punches designed right into the tool itself: one to make the envelope and one to round its corners.
This is a handy tool just to have around the house. It's simple and quick.