In yesterday’s post, I featured a clean and simple note card set using products from the Heartwarming Hugs Suite. I use these note cards to give a little thank you to special friends during the holiday season. Here’s the link to yesterday’s post.
I thought I would share my gift wrapping design for this year’s gift. All the patterned paper is from the Heartwarming Hugs Suite. Matching up the patterns was so easy with the color coordination in the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper.
The color palette is a classic Christmas combination as are the patterns: stripes, polka dots, gingham, plaid and smaller subtle combinations of shapes all mixed together in Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red and Whisper White.
Below is the “how to” for the note card decorated gift box.
- Start with a Whisper White Mini Pizza Box (p.152 in the Annual Catalog);
- Add a 3 1/4″ square of patterned paper to the top inside flap;
- The Real Red belly band is 10″ by 2 1/4″.
- The rosette base is 12″ by 1 3/4″. I punched one 12″ side with a linear scalloped punch I had in my stash. Actually you can use a scalloped edgelit or framelit if you want the scalloped edge. Score each scallop or if you don’t have a scalloped edge, score the rosette base every 1/2″.
- Fan fold the rosette base on each score line. (I use my Bone Folder to burnish the edges for a clean fold line);
- Attach the ends together. I used green glue (Multipurpose Liquid Glue – p. 162 in the Annual Catalog) because I always do, but you can use the Stampin’ Seal which will also securely bond your edges.
- With my 1 1/2″ circle punch, I punched two circles from Pear Pizzazz card stock
- On a Silicone Craft Sheet, I flattened the rosette, held it in place and ran a generous amount of green glue around the center.
- Attach one circle and hold it in place for a few seconds.
- Repeat the glue application on the other side of the rosette and attach the second cropped circle. Hold that in place for a few seconds.
- I used the Lovely Labels Pick A Punch to create the “celebrate” sentiment banner, added a few cropped trees from the Warm Hugs Bundle (I just love those little trees), and a little red heart.
Please comment with any questions you might have, I’d be happy to help.
So, grab your beautiful note cards, make a belly band and a rosette, add your sentiment, a few embellishments and give a handmade gratitude gift!
The only limitation is your imagination!