Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created “Birthday Bonanza” projects to inspire you to make for all of your family and friends. We hope you enjoy and are inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments because we all love hearing from you! At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I absolutely adore the patterns in the Well Suited Designer Series Paper. Today, I chose the beautiful Basic Gray and Smoky Slate paisley pattern for my card inspiration. My original thought was to create some sort of collage card with this DSP, but my project quickly evolved into a mix of patterns on simple layers with a Stitched Circle sentiment layer.
While I was thinking about the color I would use with the Basic Gray, I remembered the new Pantone Color of the Year called “Illuminating”. It’s a bright yellow and they are featuring it with Gray. To me, it’s a mix of Stampin’ Up!’s Daffodil Delight and Bumblebee. Daffodil Delight is a bright yellow and Bumblebee is a deep toned warmer yellow, so I decided to use both along with our beautiful Basic Gray. I am always checking colors and the Pantone website is one I check often. I looked at it again and saw the following quote for this color combination:
A message of happiness supported by fortitude, the combination of PANTONE Ultimate Gray + PANTONE Illuminating is aspirational and gives us hope. We need to feel that everything is going to get brighter – this is essential to the human spirit.
I’ve always known that color affects our moods. I thought I would share this quote with you all today. These colors are happy, hopeful and bright. They’re perfect for a special birthday celebration.
Below are the layer measurements for this card along with the supplies I used:
- Basic Gray card base for a top fold A-2 card cut 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″.
- Basic White bottom layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″.
- Paisley patterned paper layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- The Bumblebee patterned paper layer is from the Dandy Garden DSP pack and is 4 1/4″ x 1 1/4″.
- The dotted Well Suited DSP layer is 2″ x 4 1/4″, punched with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch and placed upside down on my card.
- I also used my Dark Daffodil Delight Blend to tap color over the white dots in the dotted DSP.
- I used the 2 1/2″ circle die from the Stitched Shapes Framelits and stamped “Happy Birthday” in Basic Gray with a stamp from the Peaceful Moments stamp set.
- The flowers are stamped in Daffodil Delight and Bumblebee ink and I added a little Smoky Slate stamped off once to the images for a little more depth.
- Just for fun, I used a few Silver Metallic Pearls to embellish my sentiment layer.
So, I hope you enjoyed my post today. Pull out your beautiful yellows and grays, cut a few layers and create something happy, hopeful and bright!
...the only limitation is your imagination!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on March 10th when our theme will be “Cute Critters” where the design team will be sharing projects that will feature critters of all sorts to inspire you. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
BLOG HOP LINE-UP:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards w/Renae Novak
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
For details on the supplies I used today, click on the images below.