Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Cute Critters” – showcasing their card/project with adorable animals, birds, or insects for any occasion. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today’s post is a simple butterfly from the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle. I colored the classic Monarch Butterfly with So Saffron and Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends. There are areas that I highlighted with my Color Lifter and White Chalk Marker. The coloring was quick and easy.
The card layout was inspired by a sketch I came across. While I was deciding on what DSP to use for my card background, I noticed a small piece of the grid paper design from the Well Suited Designer Series Paper. I enjoy using the grid paper design in cards, but I wanted to spruce it up a bit. With the polka dot background stamp from the Pattern Play stamp set, I started stamping the dots on the grid paper.
With my White Craft Ink pad and a sponge, I randomly shaded over some of the grid lines with the white ink. I wanted to give it a whitewashed look.
Since I stamped the butterfly with Tuxedo Black ink, I thought I would add a little black to the grid paper also. The little horizontal line stamp is also in the Pattern Play stamp set. I thought it would be perfect so I stamped a few little black lines in the left bottom corner of the grid paper. After I did it, I saw a little pattern repeat in the butterfly’s wings. I liked the look.
I was having a “design your own patterned paper” party all by myself!! …and it was a lot of fun!
That beautiful Seaside Spray Designer Series Paper strip is from the Sand & Sea DSP. I couldn’t bring myself to stamp on that.
So, find a piece of grid paper, stamp some polka dots and a few little lines, add a beautiful butterfly and create something to make someone’s day!
…the only limitation is your imagination!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on April 14th when our theme is “Great Family Occasions” when our Design Team creates a project for any special occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
I love the background you created. It is a great compliment to the butterfly.
Love the grid paper idea. I completely overlooked this paper in the Well Suited collection. Thanks for the inspiration.
GORGEOUS!! I love the spring colors -butterfly is beautiful! Than you for the inspiration!
This is so cool, Debbie! I love how you used the grid paper!
Great idea to use the grid paper for a unique background!
Love what you did with the grid paper Debbie! I always like a distressed look, great job!
Debbie, this is such a creative project! I love the washed look on the grid paper with the crisp beautiful butterfly. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Wonderful card, Debbie! Love what you did with the grid paper.
Debbie~ All the extra touches make this card a true work of art!
Such a pretty card, Debbie! That butterfly is just a showstopper! Keeping the background muted but so interesting was perfectly done. Thank you for joining the hop this month!
This is one of my favorite sentiments! I am waiting on my butterfly bundle to arrive! Thanks for the inspiration!
I love what you did with the grid paper! The result is stunning!
I love the butterfly card. It is really pretty.
Thank you, Barbara. Inking the patterned paper was fun.