It’s Friday! We’re getting ready for blizzard conditions here in New Jersey. Expecting lots of snow tonight into tomorrow. I’m planning to spend some creative time in my craft room. Hope you can spend time with your stamps, paper and ink also.
Today’s card is a Mini Slimline. The finished card size is 7″ x 3 1/2″.
There’s plenty of rainbows and sunshine in this very “happy” birthday card. Everything I enjoy most about card making is featured… mixing patterned paper, simple fussy cutting, and a fun color palette. Oh, and remembering the design “rule of thirds”. Everything in threes makes element placement easy.
Today’s Card Bits & Pieces
- The Basic White card base is a 7″ square scored at 3 1/2″.
- The striped panel of patterned paper is 3 1/2″ x 6″. Attach it to the center of the card front.
- This is one of the patterns in the Rainbows & Sunshine Designer Series Paper. It’s 6″ x 6″ and packed with bright colors and fun patterns. It’s in the Sale-A-Bration Brochure and FREE with a $50 product purchase.
- The smaller patterned paper panel measures 2 1/2″ x 5″. Attach it to the right side of the card front.
- All of the rainbows are fussy cut directly from one of the patterns in the paper pack.
- The sentiment, stamped with Flirty Flamingo ink, is from the Slim Sayings stamp set. This set has large sentiments that work perfectly with the Slimline card design. They’re great for a quick and easy A-2 card as well.
- Cut a 3/4″ inch strip of Basic White cardstock for the sentiments. Stamp the “Happy Birthday” sentiment twice and cut the words apart to attach to the card front.
- The versatile Classic Matte Dots are perfect for a little embellishment.
So, get out your favorite patterned paper, match up two layers, fussy cut three large images and create something very happy!
…the only limitation is your imagination!
Today’s Product Details
NOTES AND NEWS
For each $50 or $100 product purchase, you can choose a FREE qualifying product from the Sale-A-Bration Brochure. And, there’s a FREE gift from me. The Classic Matte Dots will find their way onto many of your projects. They’re clean and simple and are a perfect finishing touch.