Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is New 2022-2024 In Colors. We hope the Pals’ amazing creations will inspire you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
The new 2022-2024 In Colors are vibrant and add so much to the current Stampin’ Up! color family. As I’ve been creating with them, I’ve noticed how nicely they blend with a wide variety of other Stampin’ Up! Colors. A hard decision to make, I showcased Parakeet Party. I mixed it with Fresh Freesia, one of last year’s In Colors. These two are beautiful together. I made a Double Flap Fun Fold design for today. I’ve done it before and enjoy putting it all together. It’s simple and there’s lots of space to decorate and embellish.
Today’s Card Pieces And Parts
- The Parakeet Party card base is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored on the 11″ side at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.
- Fold and burnish the card base in half to the right, then fold the 2 3/4″ scored section to the left. (it’s really an accordion fold).
- Cut a second Parakeet Party layer 8 1/2″ x 3 1/4″. This is the smaller “card” that will attach to the inside of the main card base, and “flaps” over the front of the card.
- Each Basic White layer for the inside of the “flap layer” is 4″ x 3″.
- I attached my stamped and die cut tea cup and flowers to the right side of this layer and added a die cut heart to the left side.
- You can put this layer aside for now.
- The Basic White layer for the right side of the open main card base is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″.
- The Parakeet Party striped DSP layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- The picture below shows the main card base opened to show the accordion fold.
- The Basic White layer for the far left scored panel is 4 1/8″ x 2 5/8″.
- The flower patterned paper from the Tea Boutique DSP is 2 1/2″ x 4″.
- I left the middle panel without layers, but you can add anything to it. This would be a brilliant spot for a pocket for a gift card!
- Back to the smaller front flap, the Basic White layer is 4 1/8″ x 3 1/8″ and the DSP layer is 3″ x 4″. The front of the flap layer is in the photo below.
A Tip And A Trick
- If you haven’t already tried this, I’m going to show you an old trick for layering a punched or die cut sentiment label.
- Stamp and die cut your sentiment. My sentiment is from the Cup of Tea stamp set, stamped with Garden Green ink on Basic White cardstock.
- I die-cut two Parakeet Party labels and cut them directly in the center, one horizontal and one vertical.
- I added glue to the front of each Parakeet Party piece and attached it to the back of the sentiment label, leaving about 1/8″ showing.
- Use glue so you have a little time to position the layer.
- I embellished the front with a die cut flower and one of the retired 2021-2023 In Color Jewels. I love them!
- Open your large card base and attach the smaller flap layer to the center of the right side.
If you haven’t tried this Fun Fold, try it. I hope you enjoy making cards with this design as much as I do.
So, cut, fold, burnish, attach layers, add a flower and create a card to send good thoughts!
… the only limitation is your imagination!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on June 8th. Our theme will be “CASE the Catalog” when our Design Team creates a project found in the new Annual Catalog and CASE it with their own creative twist.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
Today’s Product Details
Terrific fun to see how you put your own stamp on the new In Colors Pal!
Love the fun fold and the suprise tea cup inside! Sweet card!
Beautiful fun fold, Debbie! I love everything about it!
Those colors do go well together. 🙂 I always love a good fun fold!
Such a sweet card Debbie! This soft-colored fun fold is sure to brighten someone’s day!
Absolutely love this card, Debbie! The papers you used are perfect together and the fun fold is great! Thanks for joining the blog hop this month!
I love this fun fold. The new Parakeet Party is gorgeous with Fresh Freesia. Beautiful combination!
I love the color combo of Fresh Freesia and Parakeet Party.
Such a pretty card, Debbie, and what a great fun fold! 🙂
Love this card!