Just playing with patterned paper again. Here’s another Simple Sunday Sampler.
This project was quick and easy. Here’s the “How to” and a few Design Tips:
- Pull out some of your favorite patterned paper and choose three coordinating patterns. For this project, I used patterns from Stampin’ Up!’s “Pretty Petals” Designer Series Paper Stack.
- Design Tip: Always use the same or similar color palette, or similar patterns (either curvy or straight lines – which include florals and graphics). If you use both curvy and straight lines, make sure the elements (focal point, embellishments, sentiment, etc.) in your design are both curvy and straight. You need this for design “balance”.
- I used a standard A-2 card base in Whisper White – 5 l/2″ X 4 1/4″;
- The black polka dot pattern strip in the background is 2 1/2″ X 4 1/4″,
- My “anchor” horizontal strip is 5″ X 3 1/4″,
- The sentiment banner is 1″ X 4″
- For this card, I cropped some flowers with the “Flower Fair” framelits dies and added some Baker’s Twine for just a little embellishment.
- Design Tip: Because my patterns are so busy, there wasn’t much embellishment necessary.
- The “forever FRIENDS” sentiment from “First Sight” is stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and the font is a good match to the patterned paper.
So, here’s a simple and quick project you can create with your favorite ingredients.
Enjoy your Sunday Stampin’!