Today’s project is for the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge this week. Patti created a fabulous sketch. The layout gives you a lot of room to play with patterns and shapes, and of course, add a sweet sentiment.
So, I had some fun with patterns from the “Going Places” Designer Series Paper Stack featuring my very favorite Lost Lagoon… that warm blue is outstanding!
Lost Lagoon, nautical patterned paper and star fish… I think I’m ready for the beach, but with the temperature at 35 here in New Jersey, I’ll have to wait a while.
- The very detailed star fish stamps and the sentiment stamp are from the “Picture Perfect” stamp set.
- Some two-step stamping created the beautiful detail in the star fish – my first layer is stamped with Delightful Dijon and the second layer is Mossy Meadow.
- A little fussy cutting and some Stampin’ Dimensionals give the star fish some prominence in this design. They hold up well against the busy pattern behind them.
- I created the square frame using my Squares Framelits and attached it with a few glue dots since the star fish needed to take the lead.
- A few sequins and a simple sentiment finished my project.
So, grab some pretty patterned paper, add a frame and a few sequins and create something wonderful to link up with the Pals.