Welcome to the Pals October 2017 Blog Hop featuring some very “Wicked Folds”. Thank you so much for joining us today. Sit back and enjoy the view while the Stampin’ Pretty Pals treat you with their wickedly folded projects. Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
Today, I’m featuring folding technique called “Iris Folding”. Iris Folding looks complicated, but it’s so quick and easy to do… and I think it’s fun. I created a simple 4 1/4″ X 4 1/4″ square card iris folded medallion.
I’ll run you through a quick tutorial.
- I used large Eastern Medallion framelit and cropped the center with the 1 1/2″ Circle framelit (you could also use your circle punch).
- Cut 12, 1/2″ by 1 1/2″ strips from the black music pattern from the Merry Music Specialty DSP. This works well because the paper is thin.
- Cut 8, 1/2″ by 1 1/2″ strips from the white music pattern.
- Place the medallion upside down over the Iris Fold pattern illustrated below:
- Start with the black, fold each strip in half and begin to place them on the backside of the medallion following the Iris pattern and alternating rows black to white. I used green glue… it is forgiving for a while then it really holds the paper in place.
- The backside of the medallion will look like this… You will have to trim it with your paper snips, but you’ll see that when you turn it over.
- The front will look like this.
- I used a Sponge Dauber and Basic Black ink to change the color of the silver Foil Snowflake which I thought was a wonderful background for the Whisper White Eastern Medallion.
- I kept my card simple because I wanted to draw attention to the folds.
- The simple sentiment is from the Santa’s Sleigh stamp set.
I hope you enjoyed this post.
So, grab some thin patterned paper (or regular weight DSP and cut 1/4″ strips – don’t fold and use the same pattern), follow the Iris pattern and create something wickedly beautiful!
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on November 8, 2017. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment.