Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Pile It On” – showcasing their card/project with layers of DSP and/or embellishments for any occasion. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
This was another fun card. I used the Curvy Dies, Quite Curvy Stamp Set and Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper. The patterned paper is beautiful but I say that about all of the Designer Series Paper. Stampin’ Up! artists design, draw, sketch and sometimes photograph the DSP. The patterns truly are works of art.
My card base is Night of Navy and the card layer is Whisper White.
- I cut five 5″ strips of varying heights from the DSP and ran them through my cutting machine with the Curvy Die.
- To avoid having the cut out circles from the Curvy Die in this project I made sure the solid cutting line on the underside of the die was facing me as I cut.
- I arranged the strips in the order I wanted and glued them to a Whisper White card layer.
- With the underside of the Whisper White layer facing me, I cut the strips with my paper snips.
- Then I attached the Curvy layer to my Night of Navy card base.
- The birthday sentiment is stamped with Night of Navy ink.
- Just for fun, I scattered a few Frosted Epoxy Droplets for a little embellishment. I usually stick with a maximum of three embellishments but I couldn’t resist adding the fourth to the bottom of the card.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project.
THE ONLY LIMITATION IS YOUR IMAGINATION!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on December 9th when our theme is “Goodbye September Mini Catalog and Hello January Mini Catalog.” Participants showcase their favorites from the retiring holiday catalog or new products from the new mini catalog. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-Up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
Beautiful card Deb! I agree, Stampin’ Up! DSP is a work of art!
Jeanie, thank you. It was fun to play with the shades in the paper.
Wow! A beautiful card! The DSP is the perfect backdrop with your curvy layers. I LOVE this card.
Hi Jackie. Thank you. I had fun playing with those layers.
This card is artistically beautiful! The different shades of blue in your layers are perfect. Gorgeous, Debbie!
Thanks so much, Karen.
Great fun to see how others put their own stamp on life!
Thank you, Deb.
This and all of your cards are inspiring and brilliant !!!!
Thank you Carmen!
So pretty with the Curvy Dies treament, Debbie!
Thanks so much, Su.
Debbie, I love the way you chose various pieces of the DSP and layered them so beautifully.
Thank you, Tricia.
This is super pretty Debbie, and a great use of this beautiful DSP!
Thank you, Beth.
Wow, Deb, this is such a cool card! Love how you let the curve from the die and DSP be a star of this card. Love it!
Debbie, thank you. I love to let the paper do the work for me. 🙂
Oh, my! This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Deb! I love everything about how you’ve layered these rich blues! LOVE!
Thank you, Brian. I love those Curvy Dies.
Deb… this is one “groovy” sample of this paper and the new curvy dies. As Debbie Mageed says….. “Cool Card!”. And as Brian King says…. “Absolutely Gorgeous!”
Keep them coming!
Rae, thank you. You are so sweet.
Love this card Deb! I had to read it a couple of times to make sure you didn’t watercolor it. Your choice of DSP pieces really are striking!!!
Thank you, Melissa. I wish I could watercolor like those artists at Stampin’ Up! It’s great, though when the paper does the work for you.
Great use of that DSP, very pretty!