Happy Sunday! It’s time for a new Challenge at the Paper Players. Claire is our hostess this week. She created a fun, versatile sketch. Have fun with it and join us over at the Paper Players Challenge Blog.
My card today is a Sneak Peek of the new Color & Contour Bundle which is in Stampin’ Up!’s upcoming Annual Catalog.
Here’s how my card came together…
- The Poppy Parade card base is a top fold standard A-2 card base. Cut it 11 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ and score at 5 1/2″.
- I used the large scalloped frame die from the Scalloped Contours Dies to create the Basic White layer. The Die is sized perfectly to create an easy and fun layer for any A-2 card design.
- The striped layer is cut 3 3/8″ x 4 5/8″ and lays perfectly inside the large scalloped frame die.
- I stayed with the sketch this week and cropped a Basic White oval with one of my Layering Ovals Dies.
- On a small piece of Basic White card stock, stamp the base of the flower with Soft Suede Ink, then stamp the flower image in Flirty Flamingo ink.
- The center of the flower is shaded with a Dark So Saffron Blend.
- I cropped the flower with the matching die.
- I placed the flower where I wanted it on my oval (no glue) and placed the leaf stamp over the flower (no ink on the leaf stamp). This gave me a visual of how the leaf would look under the flower.
- While the flower was still in place, I inked the stamp with Granny Apple Green and just before I stamped the leaf image, I removed the flower.
- I attached the flower and stamped the sentiment.
- The yellow resin dot added just the right amount of embellishment.
- The Poppy Parade horizontal cardstock strip is 1/4″ x 3 3/8″ and anchors the oval nicely.
- I attached the finished oval with Dimensionals.
Thank you, Claire. I had fun with this sketch!
So, cut a few layers, crop an oval, add a simple watercolor stamped image, a little resin dot and create something to link up with us over at the Paper Players. We would love to see what you come up with. Click over to the Paper Players Challenge Blog for more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.
…the only limitation is your imagination!
Click to shop my online store at Stampin’ Up!
Such a beauty – and the card is quite beautiful, too.
Thank you, my friend. Always good to hear from you!
Debbie, this is beautiful! I love the striped background and that gorgeous white panel. That die is amazing! Your flower is so pretty and I love the little yellow enamel dot. You certainly made my challenge shine with this beauty! Have a great week, My Friend!
Thank you, Claire. I had such fun with your sketch. You also have a great week, my friend!
I love the clean, fresh feel of this, Debbie! The stripes are perfect for the simple floral and the scallops add such a nice touch!
Thank you, LeAnne and it’s so good to see you back. Enjoy the rest of your week.
The stripes work so well on this card, Debbie, I love the clean look as LeAnne pointed out and the stunning flower. Great job with the sketch and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Thank you, Nancy! Claire gave us a great sketch this week.
Pretty posie! I love the striped background too!
Thank you, Laurie. This was fun to put together.
Now I think I need to rethink my wish list! I love that big open scallop frame and I totally passed it by in the preorder! Great colors with this set as well! Hope you’re having a great week!
Love this Debbie – your simple flower looks fabulous with the stripes and the scalloped border so pretty. A gorgeous card!
Supper card Debbie, I love colour and stripe with the flower, lots of energy in this card . Thx for the inspiration at PP538 🙂
Oh, Debbie! This card is absolutely perfect! I LOVE the cheery Poppy Parade cardstock and this fabulous striped paper. This will definitely brighten someone’s day! Have a wonderful weekend!
Such a bright and cheery card! The striped background is the perfect touch.