Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “Wonderful Cards/Projects from the Garden” where our design team showcase projects from things found in a garden, such as flowers, vegetables, fruits, or even a garden scene. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. Once you finish here, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today’s cards are Sneak Peeks of the Nature’s Harvest Bundle. Wow! That about sums it up. This Bundle caught my eye and was at the top of my list. The matching Harvest Meadow Designer Series Paper is my color and design inspiration today. I couldn’t put these gorgeous dies away, so I made a second card.
Both card designs are identical except that I added much more ink to my first card. (Which is also below).
Here’s How I Did It!
Included in the Nature’s Harvest stamp set is a background stamp which I used to spread some Misty Moonlight ink behind the die cuts. With my Blender Brush, I created a Misty Moonlight “shadow” around the die cuts. I inked the edges of the DSP layer, the white flower spray and the sentiment tag using a sponge dauber. Adding in the Misty Moonlight ink really gives this design a good amount of depth. My cards are usually “cleaner”, but I really liked the contrast in the inked version.
Below is my original, clean version of the same design. The Misty Moonlight wheat and Soft Succulent branch are perfect behind the crisp, clean flowers picked right from the garden for the Pals.
The sentiment is a beautiful get well, encouragement or sympathy message. The font in the sentiment matches the penned font in the Designer Series Paper. This is a perfect pattern repeat.
Both cards are embellished with the upcoming Matte Decorative Dots. They’re in three sizes and so much fun to use.
So, find some inspirational Designer Series Paper, ink it up, attach a few amazing die cuts and create something thoughtful!
…the only limitation is your imagination!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team, because the Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on August 11th. Our theme will be “My Happiest Season” when our Design Team creates a project showcase inspired by their favorite season of the year. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Leah O’Brien at Honeybee Stamping & More
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda