Happy Sunday, Friends!
The Paper Players Design Team has a Color Challenge this week. Joanne is our Host and She chose a neutral, monochromatic color scheme: Gray, White, Black and Silver. This color palette can work for lots of themes and designs. Have fun with it!
Crafting My Card
I was drawn to the Peaceful Place Designer Series Paper when I saw Joanne’s colors. I focused on the more generic patterns in the paper pack.
- The gray and white buffalo check patterned paper layer is attached to a Basic White layer on a Basic Gray card base..
- The Basic White layer measures 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″.
- The patterned paper layer measures 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Each of the focal point layers is a 3″ square.
- Attaching the smaller layers with Dimensionals is an easy way to add depth and draw interest to the pretty wreath.
- The wreath is die cut with the Seasonal Swirls Dies.
- “Merry Christmas” is one of the sentiments in the Sparkle of the Season stamp set. This sentiment happens to be a favorite. The font is crisp and clean, and works well with the buffalo check patterned paper.
- The pretty black and white Gingham Ribbon is soft and 1/4″ wide. That makes it a worthy alternative to Baker’s Twine.
- Subtle Shimmer Sequins are scattered on the smaller layers and wreath. It’s difficult to see the shimmer and shine in the photo, but they are really beautiful.
I love to see cards with some detail on the inside. The holly sprig die cut inside this card is stamped with Smoky Slate ink.
So, pull out your grays, add some black and white, scatter a bit of silver shimmer and create something fabulous to link up with us over at the Paper Players.
…the only limitation is your imagination!
Today’s Product Details
Click the images below for product details.
Noteworthy at Stampin’ Up!
The Seasonal Sale
Starting November 16th and running through November 18th, Stampin’ Up! is having a Seasonal Sale. It’s a perfect time to take inventory of your basic paper crafting supplies and fill in some of the blanks! All sale products are in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog. Cardstock is 10% off, Ink Pads are 15% off (except for ink pad bundles and third party ink pads such as Memento and VersaMark), and Dies are 20% off. Do you have those coveted basic shapes and fun layering and label Dies? Now’s the time to think about adding them to your crafting inventory. Take advantage of this fabulous opportunity.
Shop My Online Store At Stampin’ Up!
Beautiful and elegant. I love that combination of papers. They showcase the white wreath so well. I’ve pinned this one as I am sure I am going to have to CASE it for some of my cards. I may even venture into other patterns and seasons. Thanks for the inspiration.
Donna, thank you so very much for your kind words. To me, that’s what it’s all about. You see something, love it, change it up for any occasion and enjoy the process. Yes, I love this DSP. Each and every pattern is stunning! You made my day. Happy Holidays to you!
Debbie, this is lovely! I adore the mix of patterns and the beautiful white/silver wreath. The little gingham bow is just the right finishing touch! Have a great week, My Friend!
Beautiful wreath! I love that ginham bow too!
Love what you did with these papers and wreath, Debbie! Of course, I always love that gingham ribbon! Such a sweet country feel to your card!
Love the layering of your elements Deb – I can only imaging how lovely and sparkly this card is in real life! So pretty – and more inspiration for me with those gorgeous papers too – bonus!
Hi Deb! Hope you have had a good week so far and I am sorry I am late popping in I have house guests! I love your card! The double squares look fabulous against the buffalo check background and make a great backdrop for your wreath! Wonderful use of the colors! Take care!
Beautiful inside and out, Debbie! I love how you showcased these papers. They were perfect for the challenge. LOVE that you used the buffalo check. What a great “Elegant Country” vibe!
So elegant! I love how you used the squares of DSP to highlight the white and silver wreath and the bit of sparkle with the gems is the perfect finishing touch! Have a fun weekend!
Very pretty. I love those wreaths and the use of the buffalo plaid.
I live this card. The colors are amazing.