I know the flowers are baby cottage roses in today’s card, but the “floating” flowers remind me of a lotus. The Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper has such pretty subtle patterns, I thought I would mix in a little Basic Black. I like the outcome. The Basic Black mat layer gives this design a bit of pizzazz! A Petal Pink or Smoky Slate layer would to the same.
I am, by no stretch of the imagination, an expert with Stampin’ Blends. Today, they worked well for me. Not wanting to sponge or use a Blending Brush to color the flowers, the Blends gave me more defined color. I am happy with the outcome.
This truly is a quick and easy card. The layer dimensions and a brief “how to” are below.
Today’s Card Bits &Pieces
- The Very Vanilla card base is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″.
- I cut the Basic Black layer 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- The Smoky Slate leaf pattern paper layer is 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- I cut the Petal Pink striped layer 3 1/2″ wide x 3 1/4″. long. With the striped pattern facing you, start at the top left corner and gently tear the paper toward you on the diagonal to the right edge.
- Years ago, before we had detailed layering dies, we tore paper often to give our projects visual interest.
- To make this layer look a little more “vintage”, you can lightly sponge a little ink over the torn edge. I chose not to for today’s card.
- I used the large die cut from the Cottage Dies and the coordinating Designer Series Paper pattern to cut the flower images.
- Light Calypso Coral and So Saffron Stampin’ Blends gave me the color for the flowers and I used a Light Just Jade Bland for the leaves.
- Overall, it took very little time to “prep” my card pieces.
- I adhered all the layers with Multipurpose Liquid Glue, stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, and attached them all with glue.
- I love how the Champagne Rhinestones look with this suite, so I added a little sparkle to the sentiment.
So, pull out the products from your Abigail Rose Suite, die cut a few flowers, add some color and create something with a little pizazz!
… the only limitation is your imagination!
Today’s Product Details
IT’S ALMOST CHRISTMAS IN JULY! TIME TO SALE-A-BRATE!
Amazing new products are coming your way in the July–December 2022 Mini Catalog. The catalog goes live on July 1st, 2022 and runs through January 4, 2023. Sale-A-Bration is back on July 1st with more fabulous products.
For those who placed an order with me over the past 6 months, you will automatically get the catalogs sent to you as a thank you for your business support! You should receive the new Mini Catalog on June 30th. If you don’t receive it, please email me.
LAST CHANCE PRODUCT SALE
THE KITS COLLECTION – BUY ONE GET ONE HALF OFF
SHOP WITH ME