Happy Monday to you!
Today I have a Clean and Simple Fall themed card with a little burst of color. I mixed two Bundles for this design – Ringed With Nature and Hello Harvest. I also have a card story.
Today’s Card Story
As you know, I’m an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. When I create cards and projects for my Blog, I’m usually showcasing a new Bundle or stamp/die set so you can see some of the products at work and get inspiration at the same time.
There are times, I have an idea in mind and the particular stamp or die set I’m using doesn’t have the elements I want to complete the design. That’s the fun part! I get to go through my product stash and find something that does. Two Bundles equal one project is today’s theme.
So, think about it… always get to know your stamps, dies and patterned paper themes. It’s so much fun to mix and match. And, at the same time, you’re creatoing something that’s truly original!
Today’s Card Pieces And Parts
- Since this is a Clean And Simple card, there aren’t many pieces and parts.
- CAS is the acronym for Clean And Simple. This means lots of white space and few or no layers. Embellishments are usually kept to a minimum, as well.
- I cut a top fold Basic White card base 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- The Designer Series Paper layer is 2″ x 5 1/2″ and is adhered to the left side of the cardbase front.
- The top Basic White layer is 3 12″ x 4 1/2″. All of the card elements and sentiment are on this layer.
- I arranged the oak leaf cluster before attaching it to the card layer. I used small amounts of liquid glue.
- I stamped the sentiment with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, then attached the oak leaf cluster to the card layer.
- The oak leaf cluster is attached with Dimensionals.
- I added a few Pearl Basic Jewels (Annual Catalog) that I colored with a Dark Cajun Craze Stampin’ Blend.
- And, don’t forget the inside!
So, cut a cardstock base, attach a few layers, add a cluster of oak leaves and a few pearls and creating something to share with someone special.
… the only limitation is your imagination!
Weekly Deals for the week of September 15th through September 21st.
SHOP STAMPIN’ UP! WITH ME