Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for December 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects showcase products that can add sparkle and/or shine for a finishing touch. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Today’s clean and simple card was inspired by a piece of patterned paper. “Inside The Lines” Designer Series Paper is featured in the upcoming Sale-A-Bration brochure. This paper coordinates with the Dragonfly Dreams Bundle, from the new Occasions Catalog. More about these beautiful new products in a future post.
The framed dragonfly is an image I cropped from the patterned paper… no stamping at all. It’s the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper that adds just the right amount of sparkle and shine to the beautifully detailed dragonfly. I ran one of the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies through my Big Shot with the Glimmer Paper. Even though the Glimmer Paper is a heavier weight than the card stock, the die cut through the paper perfectly.
It’s that little extra touch of glimmer that gives this card just a bit of playful elegance that goes quite well with the sentiment font, don’t you agree?
I’ll leave you with some fun dragonfly facts… Did you know that the dragonfly won’t sting or bite and they don’t carry disease or germs… Did you know that the dragonfly can fly up and down and from side to side and that their eyesight is amazing… They can eat hundreds of mosquitos in a single day… and, of all the insects, dragonflies can be the most charming. Hmm, I think my dragonfly is very charming.
So, grab some sparkling Glimmer Paper, crop an image and create something charming.
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Karen Zaring Browning at StampWithMeKZB.com
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb… (you are here)
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts