Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for March 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring Spring or Spring related projects. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
When I think of Spring, I think of flowers. Flowers are wonderful to look at and smell. I enjoy having them around my home and I treat myself to fresh flowers often, especially in the winter.
When I was preparing my project for today’s Hop, I knew I was going to use the Avant-Garden Stamp Set, a FREE Sale-A-Bration product. This is the first time I used these stamps… they are gorgeous! It’s hard to say, since all the products in this year’s Sale-A-Bration Brochures are the best I’ve ever seen during a Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration event, but I do think this set will stick around for a while, at least in my stamping room. For a look at all the Sale-A-Bration projects, you can click on the catalogs in the right sidebar.
I paired the Avant-Garden flower with the swirly circle stamp from the very “avant-garde” Timeless Textures stamp set (in the Annual Catalog). Both stamps have a beautiful texture. I stamped the swirly circles with Whisper White Craft Ink which adds even more texture to the already detailed stamp. I hope you can see it in the photo below, but if you run your fingers across the stamped circles, they are actually raised (keep in mind my stamp pad was pretty juicy, making the images a little thicker, and drying time a little longer).
My color inspiration came from a patio set that caught my eye from a catalog I just received in the mail… Crumb Cake, Whisper White and Bermuda Bay. I added just a hint of Crushed Curry for a little color pop… remember, when in doubt, go with a yellow. It seems everything was nicely laid out for me to complete my project. As we stampers always say, inspiration can come from anywhere.
So, get yourself the Avant-Garden stamp set, pair it with an avant-garde image or two, and create something gorgeous!
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb… (you are here)
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations