Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Tag, You’re It” – tags or 3D projects to get you inspired for the upcoming gift season. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
The photo below will give you an idea of the size of the tag relative to the wine bottle.
My project today is a large tag sized perfectly for a wine bottle or a large gift box. It measures 3 1/8″ X 5 1/4 inches, has lots of layers along with a sentiment label and long ribbons. Most of the supplies for this project are from the Heartwarming Hugs Suite. Below are the tag layer dimensions.
- I cut the Mossy Meadow tag base layer 2 1/2″ X 5 1/2″. The actual tag measures 5 1/4″ long but I used one of the scalloped edge Envelopes Dies at the bottom of the layer, so the layer has to be a little longer than the actual finished size. I also hand cut each top corner of the Mossy Meadow layer to create a tag top.
- Note that I used the Envelopes Dies on the bottom of all of the layers on my tag so the measurements I’m giving you are before you “scallop” the bottom edge.
- The Whisper White tag layer measures 2 1/8″ x 4 1/2″. The finished scalloped layer measures 4 1/4″ in length.
- The gingham layer measures 2″ x 4 3/8″. The finished scalloped layer measures 4 1/8″ in length.
- The Real Red dotted layer measures 1 3/4″ X 4 1/4″. The finished scalloped layer measures 4″ in length.
- The plaid check layer is one of the Celebration Labels Dies. It measures 3 1/8″ X 4 3/8″.
- My sentiment layer is also one of the Celebration Labels Dies. It’s the smallest die.
- The Real Red swirl under the sentiment layer was cut from one of the Stitched Stars Dies.
- I embellished the tag with some Mossy Meadow Diagonal Striped Ribbon (which, by the way is absolutely soft and stunning), and Real Red Braided Linen Trim. I also added a little Red Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the sentiment label.
- I used my 1/4″ punch to punch the top of the tag. The Real Red Linen Trim is through the hole and ties around the wine bottle neck so the tag falls nicely.
- I added the Mossy Meadow striped bow to the top of the large Celebration Labels Die with some glue dots.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on November 11th when our theme is “Pile It On!” Participants will showcase projects with lots of layers, embellishments and/or texture. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb… (you are here)