Today’s card is my first Slimline card. I suppose you would call this a Mini Slimline. The finished card dimensions are 3 1/2″ x 7″. I thoroughly enjoyed putting this together. It was a nice change from my A-2 cards.
My inspiration for this card came from the beautiful, subtle designs in the Heart & Home Designer Series Paper. The card had to have a soft, delicate vibe to match he patterns. I laid out all of the patterns and made my choices. “Pattern Repeat” came to mind as I was making my pattern decisions. You can see the floral images repeated more than once in my card. Repeating a pattern in a card design, whether it’s flowers, circles or simple shapes always works!
Today’s Card Elements
- Working with a Product Suite makes it easy to create. The Heart & Home Suite includes the Honeybee Home Bundle, Heart & Home Designer Series Paper and the Heart & Home Doilies.
- The Basic White card base is a 7″ square scored at 3 1/2″.
- The Basic Gray and White wood grain patterned paper layer is 7″ x 3 1/2″, attached to the card front.
- The large floral patterned paper is 2 1/2″ x 6″, attached to the right side of the card front, centered.
- The smaller floral patterned paper is 2 1/2″ x 1 1/2″. I attached this to the top of the larger floral DSP.
- I used Basic Gray ink for all of the stamped images, die cut them with the matching Honeybee Blooms Dies and added a bit of color with Fresh Freesia and Pale Papaya Blends.
- The pretty Basic Gray doily is the perfect “grounding” layer for all of the die cut elements.
- I punched the sentiment with the scalloped oval with the Double Oval Punch.
- I scattered some sparkle with a few 2021-2023 In Color Jewels. Love them!
The Envelope, Please
Now I have this pretty little card and no envelope. I went to Pinterest to see if I could fins slimline envelope templates to share with you. There were tons, but not with the dimensions of this card. With a piece of copy paper, I folded and scored until I got something I could share. Click the button below to download a quick PDF tutorial for the card envelope.
So, find that beautiful Designer Series Paper, add some pretty elements, create your own envelope and “Stay Wonderful”!
…the only limitation is your imagination!
Click on the images below for product details.
NOTES AND NEWS
For every minimum $50 product purchase, you can choose a FREE qualifying product from the Sale-A-Bration Brochure and you will also receive a FREE gift from me. The Classic Matte Dots will find their way onto many of your projects. They’re clean and simple and are a perfect finishing touch.