I always have fun creating 3′ X 3″ note cards. What a nice little “thank you” gift for holiday giving! And, I’m using the same Product Suite of supplies I used in my last post. It’s true that just a little can go a long way!
Assembling these little cards is so easy. You can make a bunch, group them in threes or fours, package them up and give them to anyone to express appreciation, keeping with the holiday “giving” season. They’re nice to give now so they can be used as holiday gift cards. How about making a bunch and giving them to your family and friends at Thanksgiving!
So simple and quick:
- Cut your card stock card base 6″ X 3″ and score at 3″;
- Pick out your favorite stamp and coordinate it with your favorite patterned paper. Here, I used the “Christmas Pines” stamp set, along with the Presents & Pinecones Designer Series Paper.
- Crop your card layer (here I used Whisper White), to a 2 3/4″ square;
- Add a 1″ X 2 3/4″ slice of patterned paper to the bottom of the card layer;
- Stamp your image onto the top Whisper White part of the card layer;
- For a little embellishment, I wrapper the card layer with some Cherry Cobbler Thick Baker’s Twine.
- Inside each card, I added a 2 3/4″ Whisper White layer.
- That’s it. You can make a bunch very quickly.
Now for the packaging – oh so easy using a coordinating piece of DSP, the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits, and your Big Shot. Three or four note cards and envelopes fit perfectly inside.
I used the 3/8″ Silky Taffeta Ribbon in Emerald Envy to close up my mini treat bag, and created a little sentiment tag and embellishment with my 1 3/4″ circle punch, a 4″ piece of ribbon and I hand cropped the Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White banners for the “celebrate” sentiment.
Quick, Easy and a sweet, thoughtful gift to give someone.
So, grab some card stock, a pretty piece of patterned paper, your favorite sentiment – add a pretty bag and create a pretty gift for your special Thanksgiving thank-you!
Check back tomorrow for a Sneak Peek from the up-coming Occasions Catalog.