Happy New Year!
Today is the kick-off of Stampin’ Up!’s biggest sale event of the year… Sale-A-Bration. You can start ordering from the new 2017 Occasions Catalog TODAY and get those FREE Sale-A-Bration products. This is the best Sale-A-Bration brochure I’ve seen in some time and everything is FREE! Those who have placed orders through my online store this past year have already received your Occasions Catalog along with the Sale-A-Bration brochure, and if you haven’t, please email me and I’ll be sure to get one to you.
So let’s get right to it. I wanted to hit the ground running with a Valentine. The “Sending Love” Product Suite is one of my favorites. I guarantee you’ll be using the “Love Notes Framelits Dies” on a variety of projects for many different occasions. This suite has everything you need to send lots of love to those special people on your Valentine list.
I completed this clean and simple Valentine in just a few minutes.
- A standard A-2 (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″) card base is topped with two layers.
- The first layer is 4″ X 5 1/4″ with a border of Sending Love Designer Series Paper cut to 1″ X 5 1/4″.
- The top layer measures 3 1/4″ X 4″.
- The Pool Party watercolor background is stamped off once and the sentiment is stamped with Pool Party ink also.
- I cropped two hearts from the Love Notes Framelits Dies and centered them with some green glue and the little wooden heart is from the Sending Love Embellishments, attached with a glue dot.
Here’s the product list for today’s project:
2017 Occasions Catalog Download PDF
2017 Sale A Bration Brochure Download PDF
Earn Free Products During Sale-A-Bration 2017!
- Sale-A-Bration is one of Stampin’ Up!’s biggest sales events of the year!
- You can earn free products (while supplies last)! Sale-A-Bration ends March 31, 2017.
- Free Gifts: For every $50.00 in product you purchase, either from the 2017 Annual Catalog, or from the Occasions Catalog, you’ll earn one FREE PRODUCT from the Sale-A-Bration Brochure.
- There will be more Limited Time New Products coming on February 21st, so be sure to watch for them.
- EARN BONUS STAMPIN’ REWARDS! Place an on-line order of $250 or more (before shipping and tax) and earn a $25 Stampin’ Rewards bonus. The Stampin’ Rewards bonus is in addition to regular Stampin’ Rewards (see below) and earning a FREE gift for every $50 you spend (before shipping and tax) during Sale-A-Bration.
- So let’s recap… Place a product order of $250.00 or more (or host a workshop) and you’ll earn a $25.00 Stampin’ Rewards bonus plus an additional $25.00 (indicated on the chart above according to the amount of your order) and 5 FREE Sale-A-Bration Brochure items. It’s a win-win for you…. so start creating that Wish List.
Get The Ultimate Stampin’ Up! Bundle
- Take your passion for paper crafting and Stampin’ Up! products to a new level when you purchase the ULTIMATE STAMPIN’ UP! BUNDLE (the $99 Starter Kit) and join Stampin’ Up!. Enjoy discounts and exclusive stamping resources – risk FREE!
- I welcome Hobby Stampers. By joining through me, you will have access to not only Stampin’ Up! discounts and resources, but you will also have access to the Pals private Facebook Chats where you’ll feel right at home sharing projects, tips and interacting with our fun and talented virtual community. Give it a try, there’s no risk at all on your part and no pressure to hold workshops or parties. It’s just a fun, social community.
- Any questions, please feel free to call or e-mail me.
- So let’s recap the ultimate bundle… you pay $99.00. You get $125.00 worth of products plus two free gifts from the Sale-A-Bration brochure and free shipping!!! It’s a win-win! Do it for YOU. I’m glad I did!
Until next time,
Happy Valentine’s Day to you all! Today, in celebration of LOVE, I’m sending hugs and kisses. I CASED this card directly from the Occasions Catalog… not to mention, I wanted to finally use the heart thinlit from the “Bloomin’ Heart” Thinlits Dies. It was quick and easy… I wasn’t sure how the heart would pop out of the thinlit after cropping, but it popped out with no trouble at all… and in one piece! There are plenty of holes to poke and as long as you poke gently, it’s a breeze. There’s no doubt you’ll be seeing this pretty lace heart in future posts… it’s not just for Valentine’s Day.
I know you’ve seen this heart over and over again, but I wanted to share it with you also. Here are a few other Valentines I shared in recent past posts. Click on the card and it’ll take you to the original post.
Happy Valentine’s Day, and please be sure to stop by tomorrow for a fresh, new post… one stamp set, one stack of Designer Series Paper… BOTH FREE, can get you four smashing CARDS!
Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for February 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are CASE-ing a project shown in a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. After all, with the Annual, Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs available right now, there is much inspiration to choose from. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
So, let’s get right to it… I chose to CASE page 16 of the Occasions Catalog…
I took a little from one project, a little from another, used the beautiful “Love Blossoms” Designer Series Paper Stack, “Bloomin’ Hearts” Thinlits Dies, and the “Bloomin’ Love” stamp set, and this is the end result… a new Valentine ready to mail.
… A few cropped flowers, a little bit of bling, a cluster of banners, a sentiment banner and pretty little hearts…..
A matching envelope lined with another pretty heart pattern from the “Love Blossoms” DSP stack finished my project nicely.
Here are the dimensions:
- Start with a Crumb Cake A-2 card base, 4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″ and add a layer of Rose Red cut to 4″ X 5 1/4″
- The Whisper White layer is 5 1/8″ X 3 7/8″
- Each heart strip is 1/2″ X 3 7/8″ and punched using the “Hearts Border Punch” (When punching the strip, start at the left guide on the punch and punch 3 heart widths across the strip, or you can punch a strip of hearts and cut the strip to 3 7/8″ wide).
- The Garden Green floral banner is 1″ X 2″ and I hand cropped it.
- The Blushing Bride hearts banner is 1 5/8″ X 5/8″ and I hand cropped it
- The Crumb Cake floral banner is 2 3/4″ X 3/4″ and I hand cropped it.
- The sentiment banner is 1/2″ X 2 1/4″ and I hand cropped it.
- Crop a few flowers using the “Bloomin’ Hearts” Thinlits Dies, add some Linen Thread, cluster the banners, tuck in the sentiment banner and add your favorite bling!
Hope you enjoy my “Catty CASE”. This was a fun project and a reminder to me that inspiration is certainly all around, I just have to look for it.
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
A SUNDAY SIMPLE SAMPLER AND LOTS OF LOVE IS IN THE AIR…
With February upon us and Valentine’s Day fast approaching, I thought this card would be appropriate for today. Love is in the air… Stampin’ Up!’s “Bloomin’ Love” stamp set and “Love Blossoms” Designer Series Paper Stack were made for each other. The stamps are photopolymer, which to me means, adheres very well on your clear blocks, and are so clear, you can see where you’re stamping making it super easy to place your image wherever you want… and the images in this set are just simply pretty and can be used with other occasion projects, not just Valentines.
“Love Blossoms” DSP Stack is a definite must. The designs are simple, soft and great for many Spring into Summer projects.
Color and pattern go a long way in creating any design project. Sometimes the simplest of elements create a pleasing design. There are only two colors in this project plus a neutral, and three design elements that are very simple – rectangles, a square and hearts.
If you’ve been reading my blog regularly over the years, you’ll remember a while back I talked about some rules of design… the “Rule of Thirds” comes to mind for today’s card. I usually stick to that rule when embellishing, or creating a collage focal point.
Here are the dimensions so you can create a “simple sampler”:
- The card base is a standard A-2 (5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″)
- The first Rose Red layer is 5 1/4″ X 4″
- The second Whisper White layer is 5″ X 3 3/4″
- The top left rectangle is 3/4″ X 2 1/8″
- The bottom left square is 2″
- The bottom right rectangle is 3/4″ X 2″
- The sentiment rectangle is 1 1/8″ X 2 3/8″
- The dimensions above are for the patterned paper without the matting
So, grab some patterned paper, stamp an image, add a sentiment and create your favorite “simple sampler”.
Here’s another quick and easy, “outside the box” Valentine. This color combination is so striking on a regular day… but for a Valentine, it’s super cool!
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I’ve been going through my supplies to see what I could create with what I already have. This is actually a lot of fun and definitely challenges my creative process.
- So, in keeping with the idea of staying current and waiting for my new supplies from the Occasions Catalog, I decided on another Valentine using the “Cherry On Top” Designer Series Paper Stack from Stampin’ Up’s Annual Catalog. I enjoy mixing patterns and this DSP Stack makes the decision process so easy… each pattern within a color series in the “Stack” coordinates with each other so you can’t miss.
- Notice the third coordinating pattern that I used as an envelope liner in the bottom left corner of the card photo). That colorful circle pattern could replace the Crushed Curry tag on this card. Wouldn’t that be a fun Valentine?
- The sentiment stamp is from “Pictogram Punches”; a very simple and versatile stamp set. I stamped the sentiment onto Whisper White card stock with some Real Red ink and hand cropped a banner to frame it.
Here’s a Step-It-Up Tip:
- Pictogram Punches also coordinates with the “Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack” and is bundled to save you 15%. How neat would it be to punch out a little red heart with some Red Glimmer Paper and pop it over the stamped heart in the sentiment?
- And finally, how cool is the Scalloped Tag as a focal point. If you’ve been a regular reader of my blog posts, you know I like to create collage cards… layering different elements is fun for me, so Stampin’ Up!’s Scalloped Tag Topper Punch is a definite staple in my tool stash.
So, grab some bold, bright card stock, design a clean collage focal point and create something smashing!