Happy new week!
If you’re in the midst of the winter storm coming to the Northeast early this week, I hope you are safe, warm and well. I just heard a forecast for New Jersey and we’re supposed to get the greater part of 18 inches of snow. I’m not looking forward to that since we had a taste of Spring last week. Snow is pretty though, especially when it’s falling, so I’ll enjoy the view.
Speaking of Spring, let’s get to today’s card. My “Spring Butterfly” is another generic card… happy birthday, thinking of you, get well, wedding, and I’m sure you can think of a few more occasions. Another “Clean and Simple” card, I finished this one in just a few minutes.
My inspiration for this card was Stampin’ Up!’s 2016-2017 Annual Catalog. Take a look at the image from the Catalog below. I used the cropped butterfly image with the gold thread behind it, the sentiment stamp is the same and the colors are the same.
The photo inspired me because I liked the softness of the color palette.
Here’s the simple “How To”: All images are from Stampin’ Up!’s Butterfly Basics stamp set and the cropped butterfly is from Stampin’ Up!’s Butterflies Thinlits Dies.
- Start with a Whisper White A-2 card base (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″);
- Crop a Whisper White layer measuring 4″ X 5 1/4″;
- Directly in the center of the layer, stamp the fern image in Pear Pizzazz ink (stamp off once). Stamping off once means to ink your image, stamp it on a scrap piece of paper, then stamp onto your project. The image will stamp lighter.
- Ink up the honeycomb stamp with Sahara Sand ink and, stamping off once, stamp the honeycomb on the bottom left corner and the middle right side of the layer. (I used half the honeycomb image on the middle right side).
- Stamp the sentiment onto the bottom right corner with Sahara Sand ink.
- Crop the medium butterfly from the Butterflies Thinlies Dies using Pool Party card stock.
- Roll up some Gold Metallic Thread and anchor it to the stamped fern image about 1/3 from the bottom of the image.
- Attach the butterfly to the fern with some green glue
- Add a few embellishments (remember the design “rule of thirds”).
- Attach your finished layer to your card base with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Send your card to someone very special!
So, pull out your Stampin’ Up! 2016-2017 Annual Catalog, pour your favorite cup of tea and find your inspiration to create something stunning!